It is a vital part of any business, whether you are employed or self-employed, to carry out risk assessments, our risk assessment training course is designed to help companies to comply with the Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999 by teaching and demonstrating how to carry out a risk assessment. We stress the importance of completing a risk assessment properly, as it is a legal requirement. Here, at Altta, we offer risk assessment courses in our Peterborough venue and other venues if you prefer.
Our risk assessment first covers what a risk assessment is, as there are often small things that can go unnoticed that are vital to complete a detailed risk assessment. Once it is understood what a risk assessment is, the course moves on to explain why risk assessments are, as we believe, a key part of the training because if you know the why, then you will complete the risk assessments correctly. When you are armed with this knowledge, we aim to demonstrate how to assess potential risks and reduce those hazards. We also detail how to complete risk assessments for lone working as this requires a separate risk assessment.
How Altta breaks down to conduct a risk assessment:
- The five-step system to risk assessing
- How to identify risks and hazards — — this goes into manual handling of risks, which explores Assessing and controlling Risks using TILE (task, individual, load and environment)
- Identify those who are at risk of harm
- Evaluate the risks and decide on precaution
- Record your findings and implement
- Review your assessment and update it if necessary
So, if you’re planning to carry out some risk assessments in your office, or if you have just learnt that you need to complete more than adequate risk assessment, do not hesitate to contact our Peterborough based team.